Aligners with veneers

Can I have aligners with veneers or crowns? I’ve had my upper front veneers for 3 years now. My dentist before suggested that I have braces to just fix my teeth with braces because apart from my crooked front teeth, my molars are also not aligned. I’ve decided recently that I want to have my molars fixed with aligners. I think braces might not be appropriate because it can damage my veneers. So I thought about having aligners. Can aligners be used with teeth with veneers or crowns?

If you have veneers, aligners or Invisalign is possible if the veneers are healthy and properly cemented/bonded to your teeth. Veneers could be problematic if you choose Invisalign and attachments will be needed for your treatment.

Since aligners are removable, it won’t affect your veneers. As long as your veneers were installed properly, you won’t have any problems.

Aligners are the perfect choice to have your other teeth straightened. You first need to have a dentist check your veneers before having an orthodontist evaluate your teeth if you are qualified to have aligners.

Exactly, your dentist might need to do some series of x-rays and other diagnostic procedures to make sure your veneers are okay.

I notice some discoloration on the edges of my veneers. I guess that might be a problem.

Won’t my veneers be broken when I always remove my aligners when I have them?

You should’ve had braces or aligners first before having your veneers. But since you had it done already, you have to make sure your veneers are in good condition before straightening your teeth.

If there’s a discoloration on your veneers, it’s time to have it replaced.

That’s an obvious problem. There shouldn’t be any discoloration. It may mean that there is already a space between your space and veneer. That can also cause sensitivity to your teeth if there’s a space visible.

It’s okay as long as not all of your teeth are veneers or crowns.