Are there restrictions on what can I eat?

Hey!

I know aligners are removable so they do not have any interaction with food.

Could certain foods interact negatively with the aligner’s treatment? Since you know acidic foods or sugars can have a negative impact on teeth and gums.

Thanks.

Hey Maria!

As long as you’re brushing and flossing between meals and putting your aligners back, there should be no problem eating your normal diet. So, you can eat pretty much anything but just make sure your mouth hygiene is tip top!

Good point. I don’t want to have to give up my coffee or any of the foods I enjoy!

I believe there shouldn’t be any problem as long as you remove your aligners when eating and drinking. Just make sure that you brush and floss after. If you don’t have your brush and floss with you, you can rinse your mouth before putting your aligners back.

Fortunately for you there are no restrictions on what you can eat when you have aligners. Just make sure that you have clean your teeth and aligners before putting it back.

Food you eat wouldn’t interact negatively on your aligner’s treatment but it can affect your teeth and gums. If you ever you eat or drink acidic foods and also sugar just make sure you drink water after and gargle water. It would also be best if you brush after eating.

As long as you remove your aligners when eating it won’t be a problem.

The reason why I love my aligners is that there are no restrictions on what to eat. I absolutely love it! Just don’t forget to remove it before eating :smile:

Good thing there are no restrictions on what to eat or drink as long as you remove your aligners.

You can eat whatever you want Maria! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just make sure to rinse your mouth with water when eating or drinking something acidic because it makes our teeth more susceptible to cavity formation.

Acidic food and sugary food can only affect your teeth and gums. That’s why it’s important that after eating these types of food, you should drink water afterward or better yet, brush your teeth. I always bring my brush even if I go to work.

So excited to have my aligners because I don’t need to worry about changing my diet. :sweat_smile:

Buy a traveler’s brush so you don’t have to bring your brush at home. :grinning: Your traveler’s brush is for use when you are not at home. After you eat, rinse and brush :wink:

Just wait until you have your aligners. When I had mine, I only ate soft foods for the first week because my teeth were very painful.

Don’t forget your floss, too. This is more important than mouthwash. Some food particles can’t be removed by toothbrush and mouthwash.

I had a soft diet too on the first 2 to 3 days. But after that, I got to eat anything :joy: