As a person who loves outdoor activities, how do you manage your aligners?

I’m an outdoor enthusiast who loves hiking, camping, and generally being active outside. I recently started my aligner treatment and I’m trying to figure out how to best handle them during these activities, especially in environments where I might not have easy access to clean water or a bathroom. How do you manage your aligners when you’re out in the wild?

Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences!

I’m also a hiker and what I’ve done is pre-pack my aligner essentials into a small, waterproof bag. This includes a small bottle of water (just for cleaning), a travel brush, and a tiny tube of toothpaste. I also carry some dental wipes that can be used without water for quick cleans. Keeping everything compact and minimal makes it easy to maintain my aligner routine without carrying too much extra weight.

Camping with aligners can be a challenge but it’s totally manageable! I make sure to use a sealed container to store my aligners during meals and I always have a backup set in case something goes wrong. For cleaning, I bring along a biodegradable, safe-to-swallow toothpaste so I can brush without needing to spit it out. It’s great for those backcountry trips where water is scarce.

I spend a lot of time doing wildlife photography in remote areas. My tip is to always double-bag your aligners and cleaning supplies to protect them from dust and moisture. Also, using a mirror app on your phone helps to check your teeth and aligners without needing extra gear.

Mountain biking with aligners taught me one thing: always be prepared. I have a small kit with aligner cases, cleaning tablets, and a collapsible cup for rinsing. I’ll park by a stream or use my water bottle to freshen up the aligners during breaks. The important part is making sure everything is secure and won’t get lost or damaged on rough trails.