Can Aligners Fix Overbites?

I’ve been dealing with an overbite for as long as I can remember, and I’m considering aligners to fix it. I know they work well for straightening teeth, but can they actually help with overbites? I’d rather avoid braces if I can, but I want to make sure aligners will get the job done.

I’m in the middle of using aligners specifically for my overbite, and so far, I’m seeing progress. It’s a slow process, but my orthodontist assured me that they can handle mild to moderate overbites. I was skeptical at first because braces seemed like the only option, but after a couple of months, my bite has definitely improved. I think the key is sticking to the treatment plan and not skipping any trays.

I’m in the same boat! I’ve always had a pretty noticeable overbite, and I was worried aligners wouldn’t be enough to fix it. But my dentist said that as long as you’re consistent, they can make a big difference. I’ve been at it for about six months now, and I can actually see the changes. It’s not as fast as braces, but I’ll take it over the metal mouth look any day!

My overbite wasn’t too severe, and aligners have worked wonders for me. I think it depends on how serious your overbite is, though. Mine was moderate, and the aligners have been slowly moving my teeth into place. My orthodontist did say that in some cases, people might need to combine aligners with other treatments, like rubber bands or attachments, to really fix the bite. But in my case, aligners alone seem to be doing the trick.

I was told that aligners can handle overbites to an extent, but if it’s a more severe case, braces might be necessary. I had a minor overbite, and my aligners have been shifting my teeth without any issues. What’s cool is that they’re using these little attachments on my teeth that act like anchors to move my bite into place. It’s subtle but effective. Definitely something to ask your orthodontist about if you’re worried.

I’ve got a pretty significant overbite, and aligners have helped me quite a bit, but my orthodontist was upfront that it’s a slower process compared to braces. They suggested I use aligners because I wanted something more discreet, but I also have these elastic bands I have to wear with them at night to speed up the correction. It’s been a bit of a pain, but I’d rather that than braces.

I’ve had aligners for over a year now, and they’ve made a noticeable difference in my overbite. At first, I didn’t think they were doing much, but when I compared my progress photos, I was shocked at how far I’d come. One thing I’ve learned is that you have to wear them all the time—22 hours a day is no joke. I only take them out for meals and cleaning. The consistency is what really makes the treatment effective.