Clear aligners for top teeth only

I know that aligners usually come in pairs - up and down. But do I have an option where I can get only for my top teeth? I can see that only my upper front teeth are quite crooked. The treatment options that were given to me by my dentist was braces, aligners, or veneers.

What do you think is the best option?

And if I choose aligners, can I get it for my top teeth only?

Thanks in advance for answering.

If I get to choose between the three choices - braces, aligners, or veneers, I will choose aligners. Veneers can be a great option if you are looking for an immediate result. Braces can be your best choice if you have other problems with your bite like having overbite or open bite. But I will personally choose aligners because it will your bite and you won’t need to have a portion of your teeth shaved down.

I think SDC specifically doesn’t do up or bottom only. Having only 1 aligner for 1 arch can mess up your bite. I’m not sure with other providers of aligners if they’re the same with SDC.

I know some people who had one aligner only. The only concern is the bite can be different after the treatment. The price isn’t that different when you get the set, up and down.
In my case, I will choose aligners because I don’t want a part of my teeth to be trimmed by the dentist. As much as possible I want to preserve all of my teeth.

I would recommend getting veneers if you don’t want to get through the hassle of wearing different sets of aligners. Sometimes it takes only 1 or 2 appointments to have it.

Read this article for you to be enlightened on this matter. It’s about Single Arch Treatment.

Choose veneers if you are in a hurry to have your teeth fixed. If you are not that concerned with having your teeth shaved down a little bit for your veneers.

Choose braces if you have a complex case and if you can promise that you can maintain good oral hygiene. Having brackets need religious brushing and flossing for you to prevent cavities from forming.

Choose aligners if you prefer straightening your teeth that’s more convenient.

I think you forgot to give the link for the article.

Oh yeah, I didn’t notice that. Good thing it’s still on my browser history.
https://www.chansmiles.com/guide-getting-braces-just-bottom-top-teeth/#:~:text=Single%20arch%20treatment%2C%20sometimes%20referred,only%20instead%20of%20both%20arches.

1 Like

Even with braces, there’s a risk that your bite will be messed up if you have either upper or lower made. I believe only a skilled orthodontist can do this in order to overcome the risks of messing up or worsening the bite.

You should get the up and down set. I was first looking for top teeth only but my provider suggested to get both.