Eating with aligners

Hi! I’m new so I need some advise.

I read on some forums that others ear with their aligners on because it was advised to them. They were told to ONLY remove the aligners to clean and brush. So it means you eat and drink with them in, then remove, brush and clean. Is there someone here told the same?

It’s my first time hearing about that. I remove mine when I’m eating. I think are not designed to withstand the pressures of chewing.

I was always told not to eat with the aligners. It’s thin so I think it will damage or crack your aligners. You can only drink water while wearing it. You can’t even drink soda or any colored drink with it.

All of the people I know who had aligners were advised to always remove them when eating. I haven’t heard that from providers or dentists.

Maybe the material of your aligner is stronger than other aligners? It might be because they used a more advanced technology.

That can be true. I want to know what is better, removing it or wearing it when eating. :face_with_monocle:

Please update us @jihoin if you’ve clarified this from your provider.

Well, there’s a reason why it is advised to wear the aligners for 22 hours a day. the 2 hours are for eating and brushing your teeth. and also, I don’t think you cant chew correctly when you have your aligners in. You won’t be able to incise or grind your food well.

I’m not really sure if the technology used is different from what other aligners are using. :man_shrugging:

I didn’t ask yet. I’ve been busy the past few months and I’m balancing my finances for now before I get aligners.

I’ll update you once I ask them :smiley: Hopefully soon.