Managing Aligners with Public Speaking and Performances

As an actor and public speaker, I’m concerned about how my new aligners might affect my performance on stage and during presentations. Does anyone have tips on managing aligners in the public eye? How do you ensure clear speech and comfort while still adhering to your treatment?

I’ve had aligners for a couple of months now and what I’ve found works best is doing a lot of practice with the aligners in. It helps your mouth adjust to speaking with them. Also, a quick rinse with water before going on stage helps keep my mouth from drying out, which improves my speech clarity.

As a singer, I was worried about how my aligners would affect my vocal performance. I make sure to remove them during major performances or recordings. For rehearsals, I keep them in to stay used to them. Always check with your orthodontist, but mine advised it was okay to do this as long as I compensated with extra wear time elsewhere.

Stand-up comic here! At first, I was super self-conscious about my aligners, but then I started making jokes about them in my set. It breaks the ice and makes me feel less stressed about having them in. Plus, audiences love the authenticity. Just own it and you’ll be fine!

As someone who often hosts events, my aligners used to make me nervous. What helped me was speaking slower than usual and taking time to enunciate. It actually made my speech more deliberate and powerful. Remember, most people won’t notice your aligners unless you point them out.