Nighttime option

Can I use the aligners but only at night? Would it still be effective?

I believe there are aligners that have that option. It would still be effective but it make take a longer time for your teeth to straighten since you have a shorter time of wearing it at night.

Here is a link where you can see which provider has nighttime options. You can find it under “Ease of use and effectiveness.”

I’ve read of a comparison of nighttime aligners from Byte and SmileDirectClub. I think this would help you decide on which one to get.

Hi Lindsay! I am currently using a nighttime aligner. I had it for 3 months and I see some changes already.

There is an option for nighttime wear depending on the provider that you chose. If you are looking for a faster way to straighten your teeth, you should choose the day aligners. I think aligners worn only at night would take longer for you to see changes.

Both daytime and nighttime aligners would be effective as long as you follow the number of hours recommended.

When you use the nighttime option for aligners, you might only need to wear it for 10 hours compared to wearing daytime aligners for 20 to 22 hours. Since you’ll wear it for a shorter time, the results would be seen at a later time.

It would be better if you wear it full time. The results will be seen at a later time when you only wear it at night.

I also considered having nighttime aligners only but I thought of the results that would come sooner when I wear it the whole day instead.

Hey Lindsay - byte, Smile Direct Club and AlignerCo do nighttime options, where you only wear them during sleep. They do however take a little bit longer than ones you wear throughout the day and not everyone is eligible for nighttime aligners.

Some companies provide a nighttime option for aligners but I think they are fairly new that’s why there are a few documentation of cases about them.

I’m just curious. Who aren’t eligible for nighttime aligners?

I don’t see any reviews yet on the nighttime option. I want to see actual results and experience from the users. I can’t find much information about it even on other forums