Hey guys! I’m about halfway now with my aligners and wanted to share some tips for newbies. Feel free to add some of your tips and experiences as well.
- Take weekly photos. This will help you see the progress you’ve made.
- Buy chewies. They are small sized silicone pieces that help seat your aligners. Very useful especially for the first few trays.
- Brushing and flossing after meals is an essential for maintaining good oral health. It won’t be a success if you have nice alignment of teeth but poor oral hygiene.
- It is important to wear your aligners 22 to 23 hours a day. The success of your treatment is dependent on your compliance with this.
- Others are getting discouraged when they don’t see noticeable progress on the first months. It’s just because the movements made by the trays are little by little so it won’t be noticed immediately. Be patient. You’ll eventually notice the difference when you take weekly photos.
Hope this was helpful to newbies out there. I want to know about your experience, too.