Tips for newbies

Hey guys! I’m about halfway now with my aligners and wanted to share some tips for newbies. Feel free to add some of your tips and experiences as well. :heart:

• Take weekly photos. This will help you see the progress you’ve made.
  • Buy chewies. They are small sized silicone pieces that help seat your aligners. Very useful especially for the first few trays.
  • Brushing and flossing after meals is an essential for maintaining good oral health. It won’t be a success if you have nice alignment of teeth but poor oral hygiene.
  • It is important to wear your aligners 22 to 23 hours a day. The success of your treatment is dependent on your compliance with this.
  • Others are getting discouraged when they don’t see noticeable progress on the first months. It’s just because the movements made by the trays are little by little so it won’t be noticed immediately. Be patient. You’ll eventually notice the difference when you take weekly photos.

Hope this was helpful to newbies out there. I want to know about your experience, too. :grinning: :innocent:

4 Likes

I didn’t take weekly photos so I couldn’t track my progress. I only thought about it when I already saw a noticeable difference. I wish someone told me about that.

I was never recommended to buy chewies. I had a hard time seating my aligners on the first few days of my first set of tray. I wished I had it. It hurt to put on my trays.

I also didn’t take photos unfortunately.

I would also advise taking pictures. I only took weekly photos on my 3rd month because my friend told me to do it.

I loove your last tip. I was also discouraged for the first 2 to 3 months because I didn’t notice any difference at all. But after my family noticed my new smile, I finally realized that my smile was so different than before.

I’m glad I took photos every week. My provider told me that before he gave me my aligners. :wink:

Yes, girl. Don’t compare other people’s progress with your progress. :100:

I don’t have aligners yet but thank you for posting this. I’ll save this for future reference. You are a blessing :heart:

taking weekly photos is a must for me, it really did help me seeing my own progress