Tips on managing aligners during workouts?

Just started my aligner treatment and trying to figure out the best way to handle them during workouts. I hit the gym regularly and I’m worried about keeping my aligners clean and safe during intense sessions. Does sweating affect them? Should I take them out when I drink sports drinks? Any advice on how to manage this would be awesome!

Fellow gym enthusiast here. I keep my aligners in during workouts because it’s important to wear them as much as possible. I just make sure to rinse my mouth and the aligners with water if I drink anything other than water. Sweat hasn’t been an issue for me, just make sure you keep them clean and carry a little hygiene kit in your gym bag. It has a travel toothbrush, mini toothpaste, and a small mirror so you can give them a quick scrub if needed.

I’ve found that wearing my aligners during workouts actually helps me stay on my water-drinking game. I avoid sports drinks unless I’m doing something super intense, and even then, I’ll pop out the aligners briefly to sip and then rinse before putting them back in. The key is to be mindful about hydration and sticking to water as much as possible.

I do a lot of yoga and high-intensity interval training and keeping my aligners in has never been an issue. If you’re worried about cleanliness, it’s helpful to brush or at least rinse your aligners after the workout. I always have a water bottle at hand to keep rinsing my mouth throughout the session, which keeps the aligners pretty clear of any build-up.

What’s up! Jogger here. Definitely keep them in. Taking aligners out too often can really mess with your progress. I just switch to swishing water regularly during my runs to keep things clean. If you’re consuming anything with sugar or acid, like some energy gels or chews, make sure to clean both your mouth and aligners as soon as you can.